It’s that time of the year again; the snow has melted and our yards are in need of some TLC. Alyssa Stuart, PT, DPT of MVPT Manchester has put together some “How To Tips” for your yard clean up that keep the focus on body mechanics to keep you safe.
- Perform a few warm up streches before gardening to increase blood flow.
- Stay hydrated! Taking intermittent water breaks is important for your muscles!
- Change your position frequently. Sometimes rotating through yard activities can help prevent overuse injuries and reduce stiffness.
- Work smart! Use your wheelbarrow to carry heavier items you are moving to or from your garden.
- Stretch after you garden. This can help reduce any stiffness or pain you may feel later in that day or even the next day.
Have fun, be safe, and Happy Gardening!!
Alyssa is a member of MVPT Manchester. She joined our team in 2019 and has quickly developed a strong following of loyal clients. Alyssa’s clinical interests include orthopedic conditions, pre & post surgical care, has advanced training in manual techniques and kinesiotaping, and is certified in the Graston Technique.
We look forward to Alyssa’s “after” pictures of all her gardening work once her raised bed garden has grown in.
To schedule an appointment with Alyssa, please call our Mancester office at 603-625-1964 or email email@example.com.